There are days on the mat when you are more receptive to the messages from the teacher. When you become attuned to your practice sometimes the teacher says exactly what you need to hear at exactly the right time you need to hear it. And hopefully, in these moments, it enables a transcendence onto the mat and even to carry with you years later. Here are some of our favorites!
1. Reach higher. It will steady you.
2. Open your palms up if you want answers from the universe. Place your palms down if you want answers from within yourself.
3. Notice when you are being selfish. Replace it with gratitude.
4. Speak kindly to yourself.
5. I had a bad day today. But it’s OK to have a bad day.
6. Decide what your body is capable of, not what the next person on the mat over from you is doing.
7. If something in your life isn’t serving you, quietly thank it for the lesson - and let that sh*t go.
8. Sometimes you just need to do Legs Up the Wall. Why? Because sometimes less is more.
9. One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn’t exist. Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.
10. Be like a tree. Stay connected to the earth. Everything that separates us from being peaceful will dissolve when we are rooted.
We hope you enjoyed our list. For more information on our yoga classes visit balancedmindandbodyyoga.com